Start practicing exciting new techniques used by budding poets as part of this expressive art-form.
Explore existing Spoken Word styles and create your own using group discussions, tailored writing assignments and performance exercises for the voice and body.
At the end of the workshop, you will have a clear understanding of poetic writing and know how to connect with existing texts. You will have experience sharing work, providing and responding to feedback with peers and an understanding of the format of live poetry events in anticipation of taking your work to the stage.
SPOKEN WORD POETRY - WORKSHOP CONTENT
This course uses writing prompts designed to encourage, inspire and stimulate critical thinking. Come prepared with existing ideas or ready to write and explore new ones.
- Discover the work of prominent spoken word artists, using influences to inform your own personal writing and performance style
- Work in a safe and nurturing environment, led by an industry professional to foster a supportive space to explore ideas
- Explore poetic imagery to build a sensory experience alongside your writing
- Use the body as a communicative tool, building confidence in facial expressions and gestures
- Learn how to find inspiration and write from prompts both independently and as part of a small group
- Refine vocal techniques such as volume, pace, confident pauses, impact and intonation
Venue Name: City Academy.
Category: Classes / Courses | Creative & Performing Arts.
Arts | Books & Literature,
Arts | Performing Arts | Poetry.
Price: One day workshop - GBP 129.00.